Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tag-tastic-ness

Thanks for the Tag Andrea.... 7 random interesting facts about me. Prepare to be awed ;)

1. My first and last experience of being drunk was at the age of 3. My sweet mother used to can and bottle everything.... well, she tried her hand at making grape juice (see where this is going?). Apparently one sunday It was the only juice we had in the house and so she poured it in my sippy cup and I went at it. For the next few hours I was stumbling around the house giggling and running into things. She got really worried so she called the Dr. and explained what was happening.... he told her to sniff the grape juice she had given me. Yeah....fermented grape juice= alcohol.

2. I got in my first car accident (as the driver) the day after I got my license. It has all been down hill from there...... Tanner doesn't want to talk about it.

3. I got teased relentlessly in elementary school about my hair. Some of the names I recall were "helmet head", "witch", "mop" and "wig lady" (not the brightest kids around)... I am constantly asked if I dye my hair ( I don't). I used to beg my Mom to let me bleach it, I always HATED my hair until I was voted "Best Hair" 2 years in a row in High School.

4. Tanner was/is my first kiss...... embarassing I know but it didn't really happen on purpose....just wasn't much for kissing for the fun of it. After I found out how many girls Tanner had kissed (not until after we were married) I wish I could go back to High School and College and kiss anything that moved ;)

5. I am horribly uncoordinated and thus have never been successful in sports, no matter how hard I try. I played soccer for 1/3 of a season until I picked up the ball in the middle of a game and EVERYONE on the sideline was yelling at me... I literally laid down in the middle of the field and cried. My Dad had to come carry me off the field. Never went back. I "made" the JV volleybball team in Junior High and played a total of 30 min the entire season. I choose to stick to sports where I can't really make a fool out of myself and nobody else is depending on me.


6. I have a really hard time saying no. It is to the point that I can't answer the door for salesmen at all. I have been stuck on the doorstep for HOURS, cancelled checks, spent days on the phone trying to cancel things, calling Tanner to come home and bail me out all because I can't say no to a STRANGER. (I've been dooped into buying tires, cleaning supplies, Winder Dairy twice, candles, cookies.... you name it, I've bought it then cancelled it)

7. I have broken 2 bones, cracked my head open 3 times, had 300 staples, hundreds of stitches, one eye surgery, lifetime total of 3 weeks hospital stay, one allergic reaction to penicillan, 2 blood transfusions, a feeding tube, 2 kidney biopsies, 1 lung biopsy, 1 chest tube, 1 breathing tube, 1 wonderful epidural and one foot surgery. Any wonder why I love being a nurse?

So here is where I tag 7 other people to share 7 random things about themselves. Make sure You have a link to the people you tag ;)
Lolo, Eliza, Jace, Cara, Kelly, Laurice and Erin

3 comments:

Andrea W. said...

Yay, thanks for playing along. I loved it. I totally relate to the kiss one. Brennan wasn't my first, but was like my 3rd but I'm lucky if I was in the hundreds for him. Boys are gross!

Mandolin said...

You gals are killing me with laughter! I can't believe Tanner was your first kiss. Brynn was the same and Dave might as well have been. I am the Tanner in our relationship and he complains about his lack of experiece, but I say, "Hey, you choose to do other things." I loved all of your information. I can better understand now why you don't change your sheets. Maybe it's because you don't want to break your arm doing so!=} You're the cutest, literally wig woman!

laurice. said...

awww...that was fun to read! Looks like you also had a great trip. I love that you spend so much time with your mom and sister. I'm jealous...I don't get to see mine all that often.