Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thank You 26.2












I did it! For the last 5 1/2 months I have been training for my first marathon... something I have been looking forward to with excitement, fear, determination, nervousness for many years. So, now I can proudly check it off my "bucket list". I met my goal of under 4 hours and for the most part enjoyed doing it. As a way to focus on something other than my pain and fatigue..... I thought of and ran each mile in honor/dedication of someone or something important to me. Thank you to everyone who made it possible, you all know who you are...... if not, Read on.






1- This one is for me.... I'm actually doing it!



2-To my Baby Love and Baby Scwhimp



3- Thanks Mom for your endless support and encouragement, Seeing this canyon with changing leaves and gurgling river reminds me of you... This one is for you.



4-Thank you Kristen for the many hours watching Maci while I slept or Ran... This one is for you.



5- Mizuno Shoe company... Thank you for making the new 'Waverunner'... my feet love you.



6-Propel-- The quenching power of your water amazes me---can't wait to get some of you



7- To my niece Cambria.... I can't stop seeing your beautiful smile and your ET walk.. can't wait to see you at mile 14!



8- This one is for my 'man thighs'... sure appreciate you right now ;)



9- This one is for all the kids in the Fairways Primary... I am singing primary songs... stay active and strong!



10- Jelly Belly-- If it weren't for Lime Sport Beans I would be walking... Love 'em!



11- Sister, I hate running down hill.... your knee frightens me. I wish you were with me! This one is for you.



12- Self doubt.... Eat this.



13- Fear.... who's half way done now?



14- J.T..... yeah, I love a little Justin Timberlake while I'm running ;)



15- Family.... Thank Heaven you are here to cheer me on; not just today but always.



16- Tanner.... I wish you could see the smile on my face as I saw you cheering me on (he was doing some kind of motivational dance, so he didn't really see my face) Now I know I can keep going.



17- Schwimp.... I miss you, It is weird to be running without you in your schwimp pod.



18- This one is for Dr. Sherbotie who told me at 13 that I would not have the ability live actively, have children or live without chronic illness.



19- To Dr. Uchida who told me I would never be able to play sports, run, or enjoy the outdoors without difficulty breathing..... I'm feelin' good now.



20- Abnormally large Cahoon calf muscles.... thank you for getting me this far... still not a big fan but thank you just the same ;)



21- Quaker Oat Man.... Praises to your name.



22- Tylenol PM, Myomed and Ibuprofen..... words cannot express my gratitude for your comfort.



23- Fan Club aka Mom, Sister, Tan, Maci, Tiff, Tay, Liz, Sara, Cody, Easton and Jackson... You have NO idea how much your presence, cheers, smiles, and tears have meant to me today. I love you all soooo much!



24- Pain. Yeah I feel you. So good. So close.



25- Father In Heaven-- for the courage, health, strength, ability and power to do this. For the beauty of all creation.... I am so Blessed!



26- Finish Line..... Finish..... Line..... Finally



26.2- Here's to setting goals, sacrificing, working hard, fighting fear, pushing through pain, loving family, enjoying nature and FINISHING!

24 comments:

Karly said...

Wow! I'm in awe. You did it! Congrats!!! Can you share some of that running motivation with me?? I'm so proud of you! I will tell everyone I know that my sister in law just ran a marathon! Way to go! In my book, this is about the hardest thing I can ever think of doing...so you pretty much top my list! :)

Lauren Maley said...

crying.

Paige said...

You are my hero! I love that you shared all of that - what an amazing, strong woman you are! Inspiring... why would your doctors tell you that? I must hear the story because you are a great athlete! Congratulations!

Ann-Marie said...

congratulations!!! I'm completely impressed.

ashley g. said...

UNDER 4 HOURS?!! That is the greatest! Way to smash that cursed 4-hour mark that is so hard to crack. You sure showed those docs- if only they could see you now.

CONGRATULATIONS!! You are amazing. Don't you feel like you can do just about anything right about now? I hope that you are feeling great. I love it. Way to go my friend. I am uber-proud of you!!

Malmstroms said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so awesome.

cody+sara said...

I'm in Lauren's club... totally crying. HA! I know, I'm a perma-weeping baby!

becky rigby said...

Kristin, you are my hero. What a cute post for all the people who have helped you along the way. Congrats! Plus I'm glad you did it so Cara would have an excuse to come up and visit. :)

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

You are simply amazing! Really, what an accomplishment Kristin! Doesn't it feel great to work really hard and achieve something you set your mind to? You should be so proud. Congratulations! We need to play...really.

Eliza said...

wow that is awesome! a marathon is incredible for anyone, but wow I forgot what the doctors had told you, unbelievable! that was such a cute list and fun to get inside your head during the race.

Turners said...

How fantasitic!!! Congrats - and what a good idea to help get you through each mile! By the way, your post about your bloody shoe was totally nasty!!! Way to be dedicated! Also, your little one is sooooooo adorable!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Congrats Kristin. Your list was funny. But if you think YOU have man thighs I am for SURE never going swimming with you! =)

Andrea W. said...

Wow, I too must admit that brought tears to my eyes. I love that you thought and and honored someone each mile. It ALMOST made me want to run 26 miles.

Marci said...

You are so dang awesome! I was bawling when I read your post. Cara told me how proud of you she was. There's a marathon out here in Eugene in May. You should come and we could run it together. (That is if I get the guts). Thanks for the example.

Jacee McGuire said...

You are amazing!! Love you!

erin sheely said...

I am so proud of you!! That is seriously super fantastic. You go!! Also my love, if YOUR Cahoon calf muscles are abnormally large I should just go sit down and cry somewhere. You're fabulous!

Kirsten said...

Wow, I am teary right now. I love that, congrats!!!!!!! That was beautiful if that's what you call it, it really was to see your thoughts the whole time. I love that kind of stuff, way to go!!

Sarah said...

I am so proud of you!! Great job Kristin!

Jen Heward said...

Congratulations! You are amazing!

Ashley C. said...

Way to go! I am so happy for you.

Shannon E. said...

What an amazing woman you are... Congrats, what a creative way to post the 26.2 mile accomplishment!

Andrea W. said...

I just tagged you. If you want to play along you can get the info on my blog. I know sometimes they can be a pain to do but I always enjoy everyone elses.

Mandolin said...

I am so proud of you! I would love to do this someday, but have not yet strived to do so yet for many reasons, a big one...fear of boredom! You are an inspiration! Way to go!

Corinne said...

I didn't think I'd be teary, but Kara was right. I'm crying. I'm so proud of you - especially knowing the hurdles you've jumped over girl - with grace and a great attitude. Sure love you :)