Saturday, June 18, 2011

Speed walk.Trash talk. Goof Off!! Repeat.

After all of the drama that went down in preparation for this years WBR....it turned out miraculously well. The Ragnar team was amazing as usual and all of their hard work and dedication paid off big time.





The finish line ended up being at Park City High School this year
(due to the afore mentioned drama)
And it has been by far my favorite finish line..... it just felt right. The right amount of space, the right layout, the right location. Maybe it's just because it actually worked out?!



Dawn breaking over the finish line and set-up crew....Relief.




So, as for my actual RAGNAR experience this year; it was the BEST!!
Team S.W.A.T. rocked. I was so excited to have a team that was willing to have fun
and be crazy.....it was a blast :)
We tie-dyed these shirts and bandannas ourselves and then had Tash order sweat bands and socks. We had our shirts screen printed by Scoreboard Sports and Kevin just happened to have an extra pair of these rockin' shorts. Lucky me!

I didn't try them on before race day and so when actually on I was a little embarrassed....I haven't worn shorts this short since I was 5! Needless to say, I was trying to cover up my white legs most of the morning.






My super hot trash talkin' van-mates.....






The Speed walkin' stars on our team....






Tash 'teen spirit' Bell








Debbie 'Sugar Mama' Sorensen










Marci 'You're the best' Rigby






Cara 'chicken legs' Rigby






Jacee 'what now?' McGuire









Sara 'Paparazzi in yo face' Oborn












Kevin 'lemme do it' Bell





























Team S.W.A.T.

"Speed Walkers and Trashtalkers"



















Which way to the start!?!?























Van 2-- Getting Psyched


















Mikey 'The Man Boob' Larson
















Sibs, Sara and Mike




Oh I'm sorry did you want to see more quad?

yeah?!?! That's what she said.






DOUGY!!!





Work out much?





finishing my first leg in PR time....must be the sweat bands
















The crew.....all fresh still








































Huh.....who'd have thought climb ling this dino would be such a difficult task for a short legged Doug?















Almost......




















Wahoo!.....wait, where you going Sar?

At least Jace was camera ready!














Top of Guardsmen Pass.....yeah that is snow. Crazy!


Glaciers in June







We came, we saw, we dominated.





Me and my Rock....My big sister.


She fought RAGNAR and won :)






My favorite part of the event.....running with Cara. She's the best. I have a feeling she pretends to love this race for me ;)



Marci and I waiting for Cara to finish RAGNAR




Team SWAT survives and lives to trash talk some more







We'll be back!!!

Thanks Babe for pouring your heart and soul into this event....this year was the roughest yet. You are a miracle worker!

Long Live Ragnar!!

















































































1 comment:

Jacee McGuire said...

I love this!! This was one of my VERY favorite parts of my summer! We had such an awesome team!! Go Team S.W.A.T!! I love all the names you gave us! They are perfect! Thanks for putting this together for us Doug. Tanner did an awesome job. I am a Ragnar runner for life! Love you Cahoon!! There was nothing better than getting to sit in that stinky van with my best friends.